Recently, a person dear to my heart said to me, “Imagine if you loved & nurtured yourself the way that you love & nurture others. How different would your life be? What would it look like?”
I thought about this deeply and came to the conclusion that it’s time to stop criticizing my appearance, beating myself up when I make a mistake, & meeting other’s needs before my own. When you don’t love & care for yourself, you’ll never be fully happy and can potentially become so drained over time that you can no longer take of others. I’ve been doing tons of inner work over the past couple of years and self love is one of the things that I’ve struggled with.
It’s so important to have self love and it’s sad that so many of us lack it. When you love yourself, you vibrate at a high frequency. This frequency allows more love to enter your life, new & great opportunities to present themselves, motivation to keep working toward your goals, positive & uplifting people joining your circle, and tons of energy to meet your needs & help others.
Here are 6 things that you can do to start practicing self love:
1) Be kind to yourself. Turn any self-criticism into a positive affirmation.
2) Be selective of those that you surround yourself with. Let go of those that bring you down and make you feel like crap. Surround yourself with people that lift you up, support you, & make you feel good. How you let others treat you is a form of self love.
3) Learn to say no. There are only so many things that you can do at once. If you say yes to everything, you may become stretched so thin and break. Once you reach this point of exhaustion, you won’t be able to get anything done at all. So pick & choose wisely where and what you spend your time & energy on. Make sure that they are all things that you want to do and are not only doing them because you feel like you have to in order to please someone else. Love yourself enough to put yourself first and only say yes to things that excite you.
4) Move your body. Exercise will not only make you look good, it also improves your health, increases the happy mood hormones in your brain to make you feel good, & raises your confidence – all components that add up to self love. Your body is where your soul lives, so make sure that you take care of it and exercising is one of the best ways to do this.
5) Nourish your body & make wise food choices. Avoid eating the rotting flesh of dead animals because you will be consuming the lower vibrational energy of these depressed and abused beings. Choose to consume tons of whole plant-based foods that are alive such as fruits and veggies because these foods will give you tons of energy, provide your body with essential vitamins, improve your health, & raise your vibration to make you lighter and happier.
6) Self work. Do the inner work to heal from any past traumas and to release any pain that you’ve been holding on to. It’s not easy, but taking the time to do this work will change your life. Love yourself enough to let go of any negativity and open the space in your heart for happiness and positive energy.
Thanks for reading. Sending love & wellness your way xo