Well, it's November and flu season is definitely here. Unfortunately, I've been sick with the flu for the last few days. I don't want any of you to suffer for too long if you catch a bug, so here are some natural remedies that will get you better quickly!
1. Make sure you're hydrated. This is constantly overlooked, but you need to make sure you are drinking enough water!! Studies have shown that people who aren't properly hydrated are more prone to getting sick. Coconut water provides you with electrolytes to hydrate you faster - and maybe even help get you better faster.
2. Vitamin D. Studies have also shown that people with vitamin D deficiencies have weaker immune systems. So get a supplement or get some sun!
3. Oregano oil. You can get these in drop form or pills. It tastes nasty so I prefer the pills. Oregano oil contains antibacterial and anti fungal properties and many doctors are using it in place of antibiotics because it's not as harsh on your gut.
4. Warm lemon water. If you have a sore throat, then this is key. The warmth soothes your throat and the lemon provides you with vitamin C, which helps boost your immune system and help you fight off the sickness.
5. Throat coat. If you have a sore throat, then this is also key. This tea relieves it significantly. I highly recommend the lemon echinacea over the original one, by the way.
6. Airbourne or Emergen-C. All of the vitamins you need to get well in one convenient packet. How easy is that!
7. Kombucha. This stuff is great, it puts the good bacteria back into your gut and helps you fight off bad bacteria!
8. Ginger. Ginger tea, fresh ginger, ginger shot, anything ginger, will help boost your immune system and help you with any nausea you may be experiencing.
9. Green juice. You may not have an appetite. So drink green juice and you will still get in the nutrients your body needs. The nutrients will quickly absorb into your bloodstream and help your body heal at lightning speed!
I recommend going in full force and using as many of these as you can. I know it's a lot, but I did all of these when I was sick and kicked a flu that has lasted people weeks in half the time. I hope this helps you out, and if you're reading this because you're sick - please get well soon!